Monday, November 28, 2011

Small update... Good and Bad News.

I've got a small update with some good and bad news. First the bad news. The kid that had the D300 that I wanted to buy didn't know what he really had. Please people, if you're selling something, know what you have and save every body involved time, money, and headaches. It took me 10 minutes to look up how to identify every t-case that ever came in a CJ as well as the history behind them. Its interesting stuff and stuff you should know if you plan on buying a D300, D20, or D18. The T-case was really a D18 and not a D300. Very easy to distinguish the two of them from one another. Right away I knew what it was and I was pretty disappointed. Back on the hunt for a D300 I guess.....

Now for the good news. My NP435 is on its way home. I found a guy on a local ish forum that makes the drive back and forth periodically. We met up and he was cool as hell. He went and picked the trans up for me and brought it back. Its not in my hands yet because of my schedule, but it will be by the end of this week. I definitely owe him some beer. I'm very excited about this transmission. Pictures will get posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment