Saturday, January 15, 2011

Planning... whats that?

Plans are always good... right? Of course they are. Its just that some times its hard to stick to them for one reason or another. I am one of the most horrible people in the world when it comes to making a plan and sticking to it. I always come up with a plan and shortly after change my mind for one reason or another. Usually I have an idea that I want to incorporate or change because I think I've found something better.

I have a 5.9L V8 that I plan on using. I do have a HPD44 and a D60 as well. High line fenders are also in the plans and yes, I do have a set of Rokmen hi-lines. So what does this equate to? Something low, that has decent power, and a decent amount of beef. Perhaps some bigger tires are in order, but only as long as I get no taller than I already am.

Now here is where I'm stuck. How do I want to put my axles under my Jeep? Rokmen has some awesome Jeeps on short arms and very minimal amount of lift. They're Freak Jeep is awesome to say the least. So is that the way to go? Short arms and beefy stock style brackets? Perhaps. It certainly isn't cheap if I buy prebuilt short arms. Same with a long arm kit. They're way too expensive and honestly there aren't many that really impress me. Do I buy a bunch of Ballistic Fab brackets and build a long arm suspension? That is perhaps the best bang for the buck, but is it really for me?

I'm really stuck as far as figuring out what I should do. I may have a daily driver soon and if that is the case, then perhaps building might be a good option. Either way there is a lot to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment