Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Corners are in!

Awhile back I ordered a set of custom corner guards from Moab Fab. The corner guards are awesome and working with Bryce at Moab Fab to get them the way I wanted was a breeze. I'd highly recommend them, especially if you need any armor custom cut. My set will let me get 6.5" of stretch and is highlined. The wheel well is radiused for the size tire I plan on running as well, so it is huge. Best of all, I still have a rear corner and no goofy comp cut. Its also ends at the tail gate because all the body below the tailgate in the back is getting cut off and the frame and bumper will be raised up to gain more clearance for the suspension and axle back there as well as an improved departure angle. I seriously think that I could run almost no lift and a set of 38's out back and have things fit.


Either way, I got laid off and I'm waiting to go back to work. So funding is rather low. My wife and I talked about financing things and getting it over with, but in the end we didn't exactly see eye to eye on it. So that option is out. I'm leaning more toward getting the suspension, cage, and axles under it and having it be wheelable while I work on the drive train that I have for the Jeep. It cuts the cost in half and allows me to do it over time. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment